Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to school

Matthew's first day of school.





Blake's first day of school




Well the day finally arrived and my kids went back to school. Matthew was excited to start because he started 6th grade this year. With this came a sense of being more grown up, with his own locker, and 7 different classes and teachers to enjoy this year. I think really I was more nervous than him about this transition from Elementary school to Middle School. Blake started his new journey of the great world of all day Kindergarten, he also was a pro at it and got on the bus to go to school without any problems. Now I am home with lots of time on my hands and lots of projects that need to be done.
One of my project is getting my two children's books I wrote this summer published. Yes I have tried my hand in writting its actually been a fun time for me, very relaxing. I have lots of house projects to do also and of course starting my own family blog, because my best friend Charlene has been requesting this of me for some time. This first additions is for you char.
This summer flew by for me with swimming lessons for the boys and trying to keep them entertained all summer. We biked, we swam and we played hard. Both my boys seem to have really taken to swimming and are good at it. Blake especially just loves the water and would stay in the pool all day if I let him. Both boys have started soccer this fall and have had their first games last Saturday. Matthew's team lost 4-0 and Blake's team won 5-4. Blake's team really are young and inexperienced and alot of goals were just mistakes their own team made. Matthew's team really know how to play they just need to pratice together more as a team. All in all it would be a fun fall.
Scott and I would like to see Matthew get onto the swimming team at his middle school to know what its like to be on a swim team, I could really see Blake doing that when he is old enough.

3 comments:

The Hollemans said...

welcome to the blog world, cant wait to hear all the news!!

Charlene said...

YAY!!!!! I am so glad that you are blogging. Now I have pictures and I can't believe how big Matthew is getting....and in middle school!!! How did you survive? This will hapen next year for me and I am not looking forward to it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

dr. clint said...

the first day of school is always fun. I'm glad that Matthew's and Blake's sounded relatively harmless :)